Linux audio editing

I was searching the internet for a good audio workstation, which could probably work in linux. To my surprise i found most of the high-end audio editing softwares were free of cost...:-) One such software is the CINELERRA , which has both video and audio capability. Bu it needs a "minimal" config like 4gb ram, 200gb hdd, graphics card and opteron processor.
So i wanted a better software for audo editing alone, which would suite my configuration.. then i found ARDOUR

look at this pic and u will surely know its magnitude.awsome gui... windows cannot match linux`s performance...
PS: I also heard that CINELERRA in linux can be compared on par with Final cut studio in Mac, with respect to functionality.

1 comments:

  Shree

April 14, 2008 at 11:45 AM

I tag you too, do take it up :-)http://sanitypersonified.blogspot.com/2008/03/tagged.html

-Jayashree