How to delete Virus from USB drives ?

I've had reports from lot of my friends that they hav lot of problems due to unknown virus in the pendrives.

I have found a new method to delete some common viruses using windows.
Firstly i really got to thank linux OS-UBUNTU thru which i discovered this. But it is impossible for everybody to use linux.
I found a way tht could be done thru Windows itself.
Most of the common viruses have 2 basic files:
1.Autorun.inf -- Appears with each virus. The name doesnt differ.
2.Some executable file(.exe)

these will be usually hidden. Even if u activate the show hidden files option, you will not be able to find it.
So,BEFORE  inserting the pen drive goto My Computer->Tools->Folder Options->Show hidden files and folders.
click that and press "Apply".
Now insert the pen drive. open it. You can see 2 dull icons. One is autorun.inf and the other exe file..
Hurray !! u have found the virus. Now just like any other file select these 2 and delete it.

I assure, ur drive is absolutely free from virus...!

PS: This is the best discovery i've made until now. use it and enjoy!!

0 comments: